Re: A86: web servers (was: Re: new ideas...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: web servers (was: Re: new ideas...)

I run Apache 1.3.6 under win95, and I have to say it's great. My whole
apache directory is 763k (!). Including php3, which I strongly
reccommend, it comes to 2.75 mb. Perl would probably add another mb or
so, but I haven't installed perl. I much prefer php.

Yes, it runs as a console app, which means it'll be minimized on your
taskbar while its running. There are some programs you can get that will
make the window dissappear, though, if you want. For testing, it's not a
big deal though. For most setups, you don't have to play with the conf
file that much. Just add directives for .pl or whatever you want and
throw all your files in the root directory.

If you're running win95 without the winsock2 upgrade, you'll have to get
1.3.6 instead of 1.3.9. With win98 and nt, either will work.

David Reiss