Re: A86: Why?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Why?

If it does this at the RET command, it's a pretty safe bet that you left
trash on the stack, and it is attempting to return to the code that
called it.  Only instead it goes to the address you left on the stack
(perhaps you did a PUSH without a subsequent POP, or two POPs after one
PUSH).  Be thankful this sends you to an error screen.  It almost always
utterly crashes the calc.

The fact that it does not do it again when you run it the second time
either means that
1) My answer is totally and utterly wrong, or
2) Your program is selectively trashing the stack: If there are two or
more possible branches of program flow, maybe only one of them causes
the problem, and the second time you run the program it follows a
different branch.

Cassady Roop