Re: A86:New in town "3 bytes of ram"

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86:New in town "3 bytes of ram"

this might have something to do with the edit buffer.
if a program is openned for editing, it is expanded to fill all of
memory.  (actual vat ptrs and such would not reflect this change)
this includes when it gets tokenized, so if the program hadn't been run
before and the os crashed somewhere while trying to compile it, this
would happen.
why it would crash, or if it was something else, i don't know...

-josh

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:58:32 EST RoniBarrett@aol.com writes:

> Having some relevance to all this talk about _exec_basic, some of
> you may
> remember my old posts about me making Autoexec86, which has since
> not
> materialized. I found that using _exec_basic in an on routine causes
> an
> error:memory, and then the memory screen says i have 3 bytes of ram
> free,
> even though i just have AE86 and the autoexec file on the calc
> (totals to
> about 7k). Everythign else on the ram screen is in order, but free
> memory is
> screwed up.
>
> Jeff Barrett

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!