Re: A86: Re: Porting Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Porting Question

  ld hl,string-1
  rst 20h ;get name to op1
  ld hl,$0100  ;copy to $8100 on ram page 1 (abs addr $010100)
  ld a,h
  call _SET_ABS_DEST_ADDR
  rst 10h ;find it
  ret c
  call _DATA_SIZE_TO_DE  ;de=size, ahl=first byte past size bytes
  call _SET_ABS_SRC_ADDR
  xor a
  ex hl,de ;get size to ahl
  call _ABS_MOVE ;move ahl bytes

except it would be faster to load one ram page into the rom slot and copy
that way, but this way's easier and probably smaller.

-josh

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:39:52 EST ComAsYuAre@aol.com writes:

>  ld hl,string-1
>  rst 20h
>  rst 10h
>  ret c
>  call _DATA_SIZE_TO_DE  ;de=size, ahl=first byte past size bytes
>  call _SET_ABS_SRC_ADDR
>  xor a
>  ex de,hl  ;get size from de
>  call _SET_MM_NUM_BYTES
>  inc a
>  ld hl,$8100-$8000  ;copy to $8100 on ram page 1
>  call _SET_ABS_DEST_ADDR
>  call _MM_LDIR
>

> In a message dated 2/18/00 2:26:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> acurti1@umbc.edu
> writes:
>
> > Right, 2-7 are user memory, so your string will be in there.  To
> compile
> >  something as a string, use Asm Studio's "compile as string"
> option :)
> >  To copy the string onto page 1, I would do something like this...

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.