RE: A86: _getkey

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: _getkey

>There isn't an equate for 2nd when using _getkey. It just sets a flag if
you
>press 2nd. If you use _getky (GET_KEY) you can check for 2nd, but GET_KEY
>(_getky) doesn't wait for a keypress, and it doesn't run the APD routine
>either. Both _getkey and _getky put the corresponding code for the key
>pressed into A. When you do for example 'cp kEnter' it compares A with that
>value from the include file. The values from _getkey are different from the
>ones you get with _getky, so if you use _getkey you use kEnter and with
>_getky you use K_ENTER. There is yet another call called _getcsc. I think
it
>returns the same values as _getky.

I checked into _getky. _getky seems a bit more powerful, as it also gets the
row/column code of the key pressed on the keypad.

I think I'll print out the include file and take a closer look. I should
also look more into the APD counter routine, but all of this in due time.
I'm kind of tangled up with ROM and RAM pages and interrupts right now :)

Well I'm off to bed. 12 hours is long enough to spend on this for one day :)

Thanks to all for the help.

Brian