Re: A86: TI-Speaker

[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TI-Speaker

>  One thing I did find useful on the 86, completely by
>  accident, is that if you set the flag for small text to write to the graph
>  screen, every menu on the calculator then appears empty.  My friends who
had
>  86's (most bought them due to my recommendation) loved this as well.  An 8
>  byte asm program that keeps those annoying people away who would endlessly
>  pester you for your calc to play games was nice to have around.

Indeed.  I loved that trick as well, but unlike you, had no real
practical use for it.  (All my friends bugged me to send games
to their calcs.  And in the rare occasion they did want to use
mine, I'd get out one of my spares.)

I disassembled a few calculators once while I was bored
in math.  I accidentally knocked out all the keys on the
desk too.  Quite loudly.  The teacher was annoyed.  But
only mildly.  She was a good teacher, so I had no intention
of offending her.  But having a bunch of disassembled
calculators on your desk during a lecture is amusing to
say the least.  :)