*OT* Re: A86: TI-Speaker

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

*OT* Re: A86: TI-Speaker

> I think this is going off-topic.  Speaking of off topic, this
> should be on the hardware list because of where it is
> going.  The only reason for this to be on topic was when
> it was meant to cause us programmers to write asm
> programs with sound.

Do NOT complain about off-topic threads on the list to
the list.  Either take it up with those precipitating the
thread or speak with the list's administrator.  Magnus
is the only person with the authority to complain about
off-topic threads on the list to the list, and sadly, he is
still dead (most of the time).  Secondly, that thread is
about calculators, about the 86, and involves
programming and is therefore most certainly not
off-topic.  In fact, I rather resent anyone calling any
e-mail regarding calculators to the ticalc.org lists
off-topic as they are CALCULATOR lists and we all
signed up for them to learn about calculators.  I don't
think any of us intend to isolate ourselves to
assembly programming in our pursuits for calculator
information.  So, why, you ask, am I sending a letter
scolding listwide posts to the entire lists?  Because
I don't care about off-topic letters and I want the entire
list to hear about this.  Too many people send letters
to mailing lists about how intolerant they are about
off-topic threads and I'm getting very tired of it.  Not
because it's another letter to delete but because of
the good conversations it kills.  Considering all the
spam you get, SUFFER.  Off-topic posts are often
very diverting, interesting, and discussion-provoking.
And those that aren't are easily deleted.

Heh.  I haven't had to send that letter to this list in
over six months.