A86: Re: link port emulation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: link port emulation

After spending several hours figuring out how to get the code from the page
to compile, Corey told me they updated the code to compile with bcb5.  I
suggest you email Rusty and ask him for the latest source.  I think there
was something about him posting it on sourceforge.net, I don't know if he
actually got around to that yet.  I had a log of all the changes I made to
VTI, I added some nice stuff like z80 flags and symbolic debugging for z80
calcs.  Unfortunately, I lost that when my Western Digital (never ever ever
buy that brand!) hard drive crashed :(

If I remember correctly, getting it to work with bcb5 is not that hard, just
some things you wouldn't think of immediately.  Under the tasm options, set
the hash space size to the maximum, and under compiler set the calling
convention to J (register).  The project upgrade wizard seems to miss a
bunch of critical settings like calling convention (gee, that wouldn't be
important to save, would it?).  That should fix most or all of the errors,
there are some other random things like standard includes that are missing,
you just need to add those at the top of the appropriate files.

If you set Virtual TI to black or serial link, it should emulate in line
level mode (that's the only way I can see how it would work properly).