Re: A86: Tilemaps and Collision Detection

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000 ComAsYuAre@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/22/00 5:29:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> zoneti@tinews.net writes:
>
> > Hrmm...I'll try this. But you use "or a" to check if the tile is clear.
> >  Does this only work for blank tiles?
>
> The code assumes that the only tiles that can be passed through are those
> with a value of 0.

What do you mean by that? Do you mean that only the first tile it the set
is passable? (It is 0 in the list).

> You can change the code to check for whichever tiles are
> passable and which ones are solid.

Hrmm...how would I do that?

> Also, before moving the coordinates be sure to erase the old sprite and to
> redraw it after updating the coords.

Whats the best why to save a 8x8 area of the screen to a temporary space?
I'm guessing adding the offset of your xy to $Fc00 and grabbing a byte
then incrementing by $10 but I'm not sure =/

> ----
> Jonah Cohen
> <ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
> http://jonah.ticalc.org