Visit these sites (in order):

http://asmstudio.acz.org/   <-- you'll really really want this, READ THE
HELP FILE!!!  :)
http://vti.acz.org/             <-- you don't really want to test your code
on the calc at first...
http://ti86.acz.org/         <-- many tutorials, links, helpful hints, FAQ
http://www.acz.org/       <-- ask questions on the message board, use search
engine (great!)

Many asm programmers (including myself) are on AIM and ICQ, and are willing
to answer questions and stuff, as long you don't pester them.  Most
programmer's biggest pet peave is when a newbie sends them a 200 line
program that's horribly messy and uncommented, and they want the experienced
programmer to debug it for them.  Don't do this!  This is a huge no-no!
More than half of programming is debugging.  And let me tell you, when you
start doing asm, for the first 3-6 months at least, you'll be doing tons of
it.  Compile, run, crash, fix, compile, run, crash, fix, compile, run,
crash, stare for three hours, compile, run, crash, drive to Quik Trip and
refill the 64 oz. Mt. Dew, stare for two more hours, compile, run, see it
work, go to bed when parents wake up for the day and find you still
programming :)

(Or, if you're in college, that last part is "holy crap, I have an exam in
30 minutes and I haven't slept yet!"  ;-)

--
David Phillips <david@acz.org>
http://www.acz.org/

> Hello...  I am new to both this list and ASM in general, and am attempting
> to learn assembly for the 86.  After becoming completely versed in
TI-BASIC