Re: A86: Sending user input to LCD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Sending user input to LCD

What you need is to write an input routine; far from basic asm.  It's more
intermediate - advanced stuff, depending on the features.  For example, a
simple input routine can be found in Jimmy Mardell's ZTetris, which supports
uppercase and deleting in fixed-width font.  On the other side there is
input in Jonah's AsmIde86 or in my upcoming shell, tinux (it's gonna
rock...honest!).  So if you want some help on inputting, it'd be best to
start out at Jimmy's 85 tutorial, i think he explains the ztetris input
there.  If not just get it from the ztetris source and make sure you
understand it.  By advanced, in case you're wondering, support for upper
case, lower case, and numerals/misc. chars, along with deleting text, moving
the cursor around and inserting, and of course comparing the inputted data
to commands to be executed (ls, cd, etc.).  Not to mention it's in v-width
font, which makes things much more complicated.  Not like I'm advertising
for my program or anything... :P

Hope I helped,

-Diego
"Where do all you programmers get those cool quotes"