A86: bugs in the rom

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: bugs in the rom

i found a minor, yet noticeable, bug in the rom, where should i report
it?
I found it originally back when i had a calc w/ rom 1.2, i lost that and
now i have rom 1.6, and it still isn't fixed.
somebody try this out and tell me i'm not insane, please...

from the home screen...
2nd
+      <---- To get to the STAT menu
F1        <------- get to plot 1, but this also works w/ plots 2&3
down         <--------- get to plot type selector
f4    <------- select 'HIST'
down     <------- Get to 'Xlist Name='
ALPHA    <------- Turn off alpha lock
1      <-------  Type a '1'
ENTER     <------- Try and set 'Xlist Name' to '1'

Here you get a syntax error, keep going....

f1     <-------	Goto the error..

Now the bug is apparent. Instead of seeing prompts for 'Xlist Name' and
'Freq', there are prompts for 'Xlist Name', 'Ylist Name', and 'Mark'.
Both 'YList Name' and 'Mark' are set to whichever the plot had them
saved as before.

If you allow the calculator to do an APD (Auto-Power-Down, i'm not sure
of my acronyms anymore...), then turn it on, the screen will remain
mangled, as stated above.

If you hit [down] form here, the cursor will be placed at the 'y' in
'yStat', which is the default prompt value for 'Ylist Name'. If you hit
the right arrow, the y will be replaced with '1', which is what is the
default value for 'Freq', which is what you are actually setting,
despite the prompt.

If you hit [down] once more, the 'Ylist Name=' prompt will be
overwritten with the 'Freq=' prompt, leaving droppings of the originial
'Ylist Name=' prompt. If you hit [clear], then these droppings are
removed.

Through this all, the 'Mark=' prompt should remain.

Is this a pretty good bug report? I tried reporting it to TI directly
last year, when i had rom 1.2, and they said they could not recreate the
bug. I proceeded to forget about it. When I lost my calculator, and got
a new 86, and the bug was still there, I decided to report it again, and
this time to the assembly list. I know that various TI people are on the
list, including, I believe, the author of the TI-86 rom. Anyways, it'd
be nice if the bug was fixed, cause it's -very- old.
--robin