Re: A86: ROM ver finder

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ROM ver finder

the address of the version string should be stored 10 bytes past the
start of _ask_self_test:
	ld hl,$4950 ;_ask_self_test+1
	call _ldhlhl
	ld de,10
	add hl,de
	call _ldhlhl
hl will now point to the start of the version string: "Enter self test?
  1.2   ",0 on rom 1.2
this should work in all rom versions, but it's possible that the
beginning of this routine has been changed in later versions.  if you're
only getting the version to display no problem, of course otherwise
there's no reason to care.

-josh