Re: A86: _vputs strikes again... again???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: _vputs strikes again... again???

> shiftflags does nothing to _vputs, but why don't you use shiftKeepAlph to
> keep alpha lock on?

Because I want it to stay off, not on.  And I especially want the 2nd
shift to stay off.

> have you tried setting a breakpoint on the line after returning from
> _vputs to make sure it's actually crashing there?

Yes.  It never makes it out of _vputs.  It dies in the middle of a
character.

> _vputs will never execute any code in ram, here's a list of flags and ram
> addresses it uses:

Then something is REALLY wrong, because it is definitely executing RAM
system data, thinking it is executable code.

> 0,(iy+$1d) - cleared in _vputmap,_vputs, tells it to ignore screen
> limits?
> _penCol, _penRow
> 3,(iy+$1b) - tells it to use _STATED_CUT_COL
> _CXCURAPP
> _STATED_CUT_COL
> 6,(iy+$18) - textwrite,(iy+new_grf_flgs)
> 1,(iy+$05) - textEraseBelow,(iy+textFlags)
> _winBtm
> 1,(iy+$23) - alt_vfont,(iy+exceptionFlg)
> _altsfontptr

Question:  if it thought there was an alternative font, and there really
wasn't one, could that cause what is happening?  Maybe the vfont flag is
getting turned on somehow...

Cassady Roop