Re: A86: Re: LCD stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: LCD stuff

Wow, I was not aware that there was a difference in RAM types, but it makes
sense now.  Like why you have to enable a RAM bank before you can write to
it, etc.  So does the lithium battery actually keep the CPU active, or not?

> if there was only a simple circuit to maintain the memory, it's more
> likely that they would use static ram than dynamic ram.  dynamic ram is
> not a simple thing to keep going.  you have to have a timer and a counter
> to periodically scan every row of memory.  static ram is very simple, you
> have to keep power to it.
> static ram also takes much more power and is much more expensive (but
> faster), so i rather think they would use dynamic ram, hence keep power
> to more than just the simplest of circuitry.  (blah, blah, blah...)

If anyone would know, I'd figure you would :)  What is with OUTing $57 to
port 4?