Re: A86: Re: LCD stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: LCD stuff

under normal circumstances, the calc is never truly off, no.  the lcd is
shut down, and the halt instruction lowers power consumption (i think),
but it's still alive, waiting for any interrupt that happens by.

the calc might use static ram, which wouldn't require refreshing, but it
seems like that would be a waste of money if the z80 has built in dram
refresh curcuitry.  you'd have to look up the part number on the ram chip
to be sure.  i think it's a seperate chip.

perhaps the processor recieves power from the backup battery unless the
on key is pressed?

some versions of the z80 can be effectively halted by stopping their
clock.  this would let you run at low power anywhere in the code and
resume without any problems.  they might do that

-josh