Re: A86: Re: sqrtKEY-FORM!! sqrtFORM!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: sqrtKEY-FORM!! sqrtFORM!

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:42:35 -0700 "David Phillips" <david@acz.org>
writes:
>You're not advancing the program counter without assigning values.

with tasm you are, but that wasn't my point.  never mind.

>What would the easy way of doing this be?  You'd have to do every
>label for
>the [sqrt] program like...
>
>RandCalls = $-CodeStart

RandCalls = $-CodeStart+$d748 unless you define CodeStart as $-$d748
or create a macro.  or you could fix the labels when you actually use
them. :6
in my program, i only used relative jumps, so it didn't matter what the
assembler thought the addresses were anyway.

>.org seems to much more natural :)

yes.

>.pad in Assembly Studio acts like .org does in TASM.  There has to be
>a way
>of doing like .org, but since I've never (really) used it, I have no
>idea
>how.

the only thing i can think of is to actually assemble them in different
files, or at least at different times.

-josh