A86: arg... sqrtKEY again...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: arg... sqrtKEY again...

The following code should copy three bytes from the sixth byte of the
sqrtKEY program variable to a location called id_tag_copy.  Once there,
the three bytes are tested to see if they are appropriate values.  My
problem is that the bytes never get copied; after the 'rst 20h', I check
to see if the var even exists;  if it doesn't, it jumps to a routine
called memlock_compromised.  THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS.  The emulator tells me
there is a var called (sqrt)KEY, but _findsym apparently returns saying
it doesn't exist.  Now, what's REALLY spooky, is that I changed the 'jr
c,...' to 'jr nc,...' in case I had the _findsym output backwards in my
head.  IT STILL MADE THE JUMP.  HOW?  WHY?  No matter what I do, it
alwasy makes that jump, according to the emulator.  The bytes never get
copied.  Can someone point out the probably obvious error I have made?

Cassady Roop

ld hl, $5A92				;name of sqrtkey program
rst 10h					;move to OP1
rst 20h					;_findsym
jr c, memlock_compromised	;if carry, then sqrtKEY doesn't exist.
ld hl, $0006       	 ;adjust for the asm marker & size word, and jr
instruction
xor a				;adding two 24-bit values
add hl,de 			;add offset
adc a,b				;incase it went off a RAM page
call _SET_ABS_SRC_ADDR
xor a
ld hl, id_tag_copy		;copy to a temp location
call _SET_ABS_DEST_ADDR
ld bc, $0003
call _SET_MM_NUM_BYTES
call _mm_ldir
ld hl, id_tag_copy
ld a, (hl)			;take a look at the id tag we ripped off the sqrtKEY
program
cp 'L'				;id tag of 'LDN' identifies it as lockdown's memlock module
jr nz, memlock_compromised	;if not L, then it was deleted by another
prog
inc hl
ld a, (hl)
cp 'D'