RE: A86: changing a variable to op register

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: changing a variable to op register

Clarification:

While programming in basic, somethings I come across are storing characters
into lists or matrixes.  Since TI-OS doesn't put characters in lists or
matrixes, I have made a loop in basic that gets a number value depending on
the character.  The only problem is basic is slow in doing this for both
uppercase letters and lowercase letters. The program would need to take a
character stored in a variable (say 'letter') and then return back a number
also stored in a variable (say 'number').  That way, I can use basic to get
the letter from the user and then use basic to display the number and use
asm to do the comparing.