Re: A86: Theory question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Theory question

i was working on a pic based radio network for a while (still am, sort
of...)
one thing i noticed is that when i had the calc hooked up to the pic, the
pic would run without its own power supply.  it sucked power off the link
port!

-josh

On Wed, 12 May 1999 18:18:08 +0100 Nuno Sao Joao
<nmasj@camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt> writes:

>  This wouldn't be too dificult to make.
>  We could have a PIC based circuit. It could do buffering
>  of small packets (16-24 bytes) and talk to the calcs in
>  a round robin fashion. A calc, to send a packet to another
>  calc, would have to send the number of the receiving calc
>  first, then the packet. The PIC would receive it and hand
>  it over to the receiving calc. Well, there are plenty of
>  ways this could go from here...
>  But if were PIC based, with very much probability it could
>  be done with ONLY the PIC (which is a single 18 pin chip),
>  which would make it very small and very little power
>  consuming (3V is enough).
>  Just some ideas...
>
>  NSJ

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]