A86: MBus (was Theory question)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: MBus (was Theory question)

>TI did create a the TI-NET, and 8 way tranfer module...it's a lttle box
>with sockets...however, they never released it...

speaking of multi-user calc networks...

you'll probably never get me to stop talking about MBus, so bear with it.
for those of you who havn't heard me ranting and raving about this before,
its a multi-user i2c network for the ti-85. it requires almost no hardware
to speak of, only a simple hub. it isn't anything complicated to build,
just a bunch of jacks, with all of same connectors wired together, either
in a ring fashion, or a simple bundle. reds to reds, whites to whites,
ground to ground. it is a marvel in simple engineering. i could go on
forever about the adressing and capabilities and such, but i wont.

the beauty of the system is that the routines can be used for any program,
all that needs to be done is to replace your link routines with this one,
make some minor tweaks, and you have a multiplayer network ready to go.
its great.

here's the deal, as of right now, the software and routines only exists
for the ti-85. i, speaking for a lot of people, would greatly appreciate
the porting of such a monumental piece of software to other calcs,
specifically the 86 (since it would be the easiest to port to). if no one
does this with in my short lifetime, i will be dissapointed and die a sad
grumpy old man. don't let this happen, make me happy.

FUZZ
David Norelid
Fuzz Enterprises Inc.
Have you swallowed