Re: A86: Timer Routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Timer Routine

What I'd like to do is to make another counter in the mainloop. That way it
wont slow down the game. Look below:

Start:
xor a                ;Same as ld a,0 but one byte shorter(updates the  ld
(Delay),a         ;flags)
      .
      .

MainLoop:

      .
      .
ld a,(Delay)
inc a
cp 200        ;Experiment which number gives the desired delay
call z,DoTimer
ld (Delay),a
       .
       .

>DoTimer:
xor a
ld (Delay),a
>  ld a,(timercount)
>  dec a
>  cp 0
>  jp z,DT1
>  ld (timercount),a
>  ret
>DT1:
>  ld a,(timer)
>  dec a
>  cp 0
>  jp z,DTENDG
>  ld (timer),a
>  ret
>DTENDG:
>  ld a,5
>  ld (quitflag),a
>  ret

>From: "Akshay Dhalwala" <akdjr@SoftHome.net>

>hi,
>i have another question.  I am trying to make a timer routine for my game.
>here is the routine the i made:

Look above