A86: Large Sprites...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Large Sprites...

Ok,

I have decided to start working on a small game to help me better
understand assembly (nothing big like a side scroller or anything like
that..)

I am using Dux's Zoomin Mob Routine which stores the background..

My problem is that my characters are fairly large...(probally need 6 8x8
Sprites to draw them.)  The good thing is that most of the characters all
have the same traits which make several of the sprites repetitive... Like
I can use the same body and just change the face.  Anyways my problem is
this..  I wan't to have one call to draw the character at a specified
position, and then another to remove that character restoring the
background as provided by Dux's routine.  My question is can I just push
the backgrounds each time I draw a new portion of the character and then
pop them all when I am ready to remove the character.  I have read that
the stack does not stay the same when you use a call because the address
of your current position is pushed on the stack...  Would it be possible
to remove this position address from the stack and save it to a register,
then pop all of the backgrounds, and then finally replace the address
back on the stack and ret..

Is this acceptable or will it cause errors

Thanks,

Chris

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]