increment it until it becomes the original contrast as defined by
($C008).

However I seem to get the following errors

#407  Apparent illegal inirection: "($C008)"  : see comments for position
#406  Unused data in MS byte of argument

I am using Assembly Studio 86 but I am sure that this is probally just
another one of my stupid screw ups that I can't seem to figure out...

**********************************

	ld a,$00		; sets contrast to zero
    	out (2),a		; leaves contrast byte alone

	ld a,21
	ld (_penCol),a	; x=21, 1
	ld a,1
	ld (_penRow),a
	ld hl,titlestring	; load the title string
	call _vputs	; output the title string
	ld a,22
	ld (_penCol),a
	ld a,56
	ld (_penRow),a
	ld hl,email
	call _vputs

	ld a,$00
_screen_fade_in:
	inc a
	out (2),a
	cp ($C008)		; both errors occur here
	jp z, _done_screen_fade
	jp _screen_fade_in
_done_screen_fade:
	ret 		; return to main

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: