Re: A86: input routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: input routines

In a message dated 3/16/99 7:38:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mitos@concentric.net writes:

> i am writing a program to tell me whether a number is prime or not...but im
>  having a hard time figuring out an input routine...after going throught the
>  zreduce code i saw
>      ld      hl,str_enter
>      call    _puts
>      ld      a,0Dh
>      ld      (_asap_ind),a
>      call    _exec_pg3
>      call    _OP1TOOP6
>
>  and i figure the (_asap_ind),a is the "input" rom call but i don't get the
>  'asap' part...what does this mean and do? also, what does _exec_pg3 mean
and
>  do?

with $0d in _asap_ind, _exec_pg3 will input a floating point number.  with
different values, _exec_pg3 will do different things (string input, for
example).

after _exec_pg3, the number is in _OP1, and the last line of code you quoted
copies that inputed value into _OP6