Re: A86: ti-85 emulation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ti-85 emulation

I don't want to start a big thread about this, but the Z80 and the i8080 are
8 bit processors.  The M68k and i8088 are 16 bit.  The i80386 is 32 bit.
Sure, the z80 has 16 bit registers and instructions to work with 16 bit
values.  It would have two.  What do you get when you add two 8 bit numbers?
A 16 (9) bit result.  The i8088 is the same way.  It is a 16 bit processor,
but has instructions for working with 32 bit values.  If the z80 were
actually a 16 bit processor and not 8 bit, then all of it's "core"
instructions would work with 16 bits and not 8.