A86: Re: OT: Transferring files.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: OT: Transferring files.

You know, there is an easier way to do all this than connecting two
computers... there are programs that you can get at places like www.zdnet.com
which will split a file into multiple parts small enought for floppies and
create a .bat file for putting them together once they're all on the other
computer... so then just create a .zip file with all the stuff you want in it
and split it up into however many parts you need to. After that, all you need
is a single floppy to transfer the files.

>  Due to a shortage of disks, I am having trouble transferring files such
>  as the emu's and ASM studio to another computer. Instead of taking the
>  time to d/l them again, is there a program that will let me hook the two
>  computers up and just transfer them? Perhaps a null modem cable or
>  something, but how would I go about doing that? I don't want to network
>  them, just transfer a few files.
>  Thanks
>  Terrence

--Adam Newhouse