Re: A86: Re: OT: Transferring files.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: OT: Transferring files.

You know, this OT thread is really starting to
annoy me, so try this:

A)
1)Find a program on your HD (or HDs) called
"DIRECTCC.EXE", it will usually be
in the windows folder.
2)Make sure you have that program is on both boxes
(if not, skip to Direction "B")
3)Run the program on both boxes
4)Cross fingers, hope it works

or, if you cannot find the program in either box;

B)
1)Go to the "Add/Remove Programs" icon in the
"Control Panel" (I feel like I am
writing a "how to" manual for newbies)
2)Go to the "Windows Setup" tab
3)Click on "Communications"
4)Click on the "Details" button in the same
windows
5)Check the box next to "Direct Cable Connection"
6)Click the "OK" button
7)Click the "OK" button
8)Stick your Windows 9x cd in your cd-rom drive
(you do have a Windows 9x cd
right?)
9)Restart your computer
10)Go to Step "3" of Direction "A"

I hope this is the right program. If this does not
work, feel free to call MS
tech support and wait on hold for a long while,
then be ready to be laughed at
by the tech support guy when you say "no" when he
asks "Can't you figure this
out by yourself? We made windows to be somewhat
easy....."

Jean Vásquez

--

Jean Vásquez