A86: Re: Assembly-86 Digest V1 #941

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

someone wrote:
>| Due to a shortage of disks, I am having trouble transferring files such
>| as the emu's and ASM studio to another computer. Instead of taking the
>| time to d/l them again, is there a program that will let me hook the two
>| computers up and just transfer them? Perhaps a null modem cable or
>| something, but how would I go about doing that? I don't want to network
>| them, just transfer a few files.
>| Thanks
>| Terrence

here's somethign you could try - with one floppy:
run two copies of rar (or ace) simultaneously on both computers, and span
the file you want to transfer across multiple disks. after the first disk
is done, start unraring it on the destination computer, then take that disk
back to the original computer, wipe it, and start the 'second' disk of the
multiple disk archive... and repeat... and so on et c.

note: this will not work with Zip / WinZip, as it stores the file names in
the last part of the archive - you will need the last disk before you can
start decompressing...

hope this helps!
sayoonara!
Liyang