Re: A86: Need 86 romcall for the 83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Need 86 romcall for the 83

>Is there any one here that programs for the 83 and the 86, or just someone
>who might know of the 83 equivalent of the 86 romcall "_CXCURAPP"? Ive
>heard
>that romcall on the 86 will tell if the calc is currently on the homescreen
>or not.  I need to know that for an Interrupt im writing on the 83.
>Unfortuanetly I know that romcalls cant be made in Interrupts without
>manually switching the rompages. I dont think that is as easy, or as widely
>known on the 83, as compared to the 86.  If that will not be possible for
>me,
>does anybody know of certain system flags that notify if the calc is
>currently in an ASM program, a Basic program, or the Basic Editor?  I want
>check those flags and have my interrupt not run in those states. I know
>that
>the flag offsets of the IY register on the 86 are pretty similar to the 83,
>so maybe someone on the 86 list can help me out there. Thanks to anybody
>who
>responds... =)
>
>Jason_K

Hello there

Well, I had a similiar problem a few months ago! I was writing a little
program for the TI-83, similar to April Fools, just a little program which
wants to tell the user that the calc is crashed! Whenever the calc was on
the home screen, crap was displayed!
I'm sorry but I can't remember what I used for checking if you're on the
home screen! What exactly is your interrupt supposed to do?
Which interrupt mode do you use?

Maybe I can help you, if you tell me these both things! Unfortunately my
TI-83 is broken, but somewhere on my hard drive I've got this program! If
you want I can try to disassemble my program, just to find out, how I
checked that! But: I WOULD NEED A ROM IMAGE OF THE TI-83 FOR THE VTI
EMULATOR
I'm pretty sure you won't send me that ROM image, but if you do I'm sure I
could find that little trick

But if you don't want to...

See ya,

<<< Michael Kristiansen  >>>