Re: A86: C compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: C compiler

Nicolas P Zagorin wrote:

> I heard that the HP's use C or C++ to write their calc programs in and
> compile their programs and games...why don't we just port that compiler
> if a C compiler is wanted so badly for the 86.  Also, does anyone have
> opinions on Objective C?  Quite personally I find the language very
> nicely rounded with pretty good compiling...

The problem is, you find it nice _on the computer_ The comp environment
is way faster than the calc. If someone was really feeling ambitios, it
would be possible to make a set of asm includes that have some optimized
drawing routines, and that might be usefull, but an object oriented
language would be virtualy worthless. Lots of newbies continue to come
on this list and complain about how hard asm is, and then they come up
with ideas about C and C++ compilers and crap like that. It just isnt
worth it to try and code in anything but standard z80 asm. We are
talking about a calculator here. If you want to make games and cool
programs, just learn the bloody asm!

Follow-Ups: References: