A86: lookup table

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: lookup table

Could someone give me a well-commented example of an efficient
lookup-table routine?  I have a program that decodes DNA codons and
displays what amino acids they code for, so I have to look up
three-letter strings, made up of any combination of the letters C,G,A,
and T, and match them to the address of a string (the name of the amino)
to display.  At first I was going to use a long list of CP's, but I've
done that in past programs and it is not only slow but also very space
consuming.  Is there a smaller, faster routine that could do the same?

thanks,
Cassady Roop
Slightly Immoral Technologies