Re: A86: Drawing sprites

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Drawing sprites

you draw each frame as a sprite (or if it's full screen, just copy the
whole thing to video ram) and put a delay between each.
you could use halts for a delay, but you'd probly end up needing quite a
few, so calling a delay subroutine is probly a better idea:

delay:
	ld b,10		;10 halts =~30 fps
delay0:			;this changes the speed of all the animation
	halt
	djnz delay0
	ret

if you're gonna use full screen animation, i would suggest compressing it
in an external string, somebody's gotta know the best compressor for this
sort of thing.

-josh