A86: Re: OT: Win.ini

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: OT: Win.ini

Seems no one programs asm anymore...

With recent versions of Windows (95/NT), .INI files are generally obsolete.
Programs that use them do so primarily to maintain compatibility with
Windows 3.1.  Settings for everything are stored in the registry.  If you
want to install more fonts, just copy them to \windows\fonts.  I think that
normals Windows programs only use a certain number of fonts, no matter how
many are installed.

> I have an off topic question that I need some help with.  I have noticed
> that several of my windows programs are not recognizing my registered
> fonts so I did a little research.  I looked in my win.ini file and found
> that the [fonts] section was completely blank.  I figured this is most
> likely the problem.  Some of my software (mainly 3rd party) recognizes
> the fonts. however most windows programs do not.  Could someone please
> copy and paste the fonts section of their win.ini file and send it to me
> at v8r@juno.com.

Seems quite pointless to me.  But anyway, you'd have to write a TCP/IP link
for VTI or another emulator.