Re: A86: Re: Thanx Glen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Thanx Glen

In a message dated 7/22/99 5:22:55 PM Central Daylight Time, david@acz.org
writes:

>  IMHO, the 86 is much easier than the 83.  Just use an emulator, as you'll
>  lock up your calc hundreds of times while you're learning.  Assembly Studio
>  86 rocks, and the help file will come in tremendously helpful (that's what
>  learned from :)  When you've stopped locking up your calc every other
>  instruction, you can compile and send to the calc with one click or button!
>  Can't do _that_ with your 83!  Nothing wrong with learning for the 83, but
>  many things are easier on the 86.  If you use VTI, you can easily learn
>  both.

In response directly to "Can't do _that_ with your 83!", thats because a
Working version of such a utility for the 83, even a patch for AsmStd, has
yet to be completed... ;)

IMHO, the 83 is easier for me because I owned that calc at the time I was
learning asm, and didnt have access to any emulators. The 86 isnt _easier_ to
program for than the 83, there just happens to be more knowledge of the 86,
and resources for programming for it...

Jason_K