A86: Interesting program...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Interesting program...

This is the _perfect_ security program for the TI-86.  15 bytes of actual
code, 29 bytes when on the calc.  Just stick it and the Asm( command in your
custom menu or something.  The program is a toggle.  When on, it turns off
menus and tricks the OS into thinking it's in the program editor.  It is
disables the link menu, the memory menu and the self test.   What's more,
there is _no way_ to reset the calc without pulling _all five_ batteries.
Go ahead and try pulling one to four batteries and holding the on key, it
doesn't work!

Incidentally, I discovered both of these flags by accident due to bugs in
programs.  The menu text was forgetting to reset the flag on exit, and the
program flag was a bad crash.  Joshua Seagoe gets credit for knowing the
flag, as I would never have guessed which flag the crashing program changed!

--
David Phillips <david@acz.org>
http://www.acz.org/

prot.asm