Re: A86: _getkey routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: _getkey routine

if you send four bytes:
 $86,$87,a,$00
over the link, a will be put into _kbdkey ($c005) and bit 7 at (iy+$15)
will be set
if you send
 $86,$87,a,b
where b isn't 0, b will be put into _kbdkey and a will be put into
_keyextend.
this is done in the silent link routine.  every time i've tried this, it
just crashed the calc.
oh, an acknowledge is sent back, too.

-josh

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:48:24 -0500 fuzz@pinecrest.edu (David Norelid)
writes:

>hi there,
>
>i'm new to this list. i just wanted to get aquainted.
>
>i'm working on an interface with a keyboard so you could plug the
>keyboard
>in and then use it just like the normal keypad. an avr uC would do all
>the
>work of getting the keyboard bytes and translating into ti keypad
>scancodes. then the tsr driver that i have to write would then just
>receive the byte, and now i need your help.
>
>from what i have read about _getkey, beleive i can solve my problem by
>just ld'ing my byte into $8006, right? i wan't this to be able to run
>with
>any program
>
>could one of you give me more info on exactly how _getkey works?
>thanks
>
>FUZZ
>David Norelid
>Fuzz Enterprises Inc.
>Posse in effect, yo
>listen.to/yankovic

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]