Re: A86: TI-UX VDs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TI-UX VDs

We wouldn't need to do that if we didn't actually mess with the
variables... I think the best way would be to leave the vat alone and
just have a string telling our os what is what directory and pointing
to the variables
in the vat. That would be a lot easier then breaking up the ram and it
wouldn't infringe much on our working space.

> One way Virtual Directories could be handled is to create a max size.
> These dirs would have to have a size limit, otherwise you would get
data
> fragmentation and have space filled with nothing. "mkdir foo, 50"
would
> be the command to make a 50 byte directory, for example. There could
be
> a string file or text file containing a table of directories. The
dirtab
> would hold the dirname, starting position, and end position. The last
> one could be resized in this file without causing data loss. This is
> similar to partitioning a hard drive.
>
> --
> As he atempted to say, "Do you both love pork," In his mangled
English,