Re: A86: Radio Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Radio Link

It seems to me that a good radio link that has a long range would be very
useful. I also think that TI-UX while somewhat intresting would not be very
useful. I not trying to discourage any one from trying it, but it does seem
like the calculators' built in functions can manage quite nicely. The one
thing that it might be useful for is have a server calc that could be used as
like a communication center. It would be wired to the net, or a LINUX or UNIX
server, and have like a little chat area. Users could log in with a small
client program, and then acess the net or whatever... Then the main aspects of
UNIX would actually be useful. (Multi user support, security etc...) I would
say that a radio link is the main reason for having a OS that is specialized
in these tasks. It would be pretty tedious to type in all the commands on the
tiny calc keybord, especialy when the nice people at TI put in all those
menus...