Re: A86: Linkport Codes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Linkport Codes

At 18:57 1999-01-12 -0600, you wrote:

>Not at the time.  Jimmy Mardell is a very good programmer, but he isn't much
>of a ROM hacker.

Ah... thanks for that :)

>  And remember, the 86 version was ported back in, what,
>October?  No one knew of the built in rom calls then (or knew how to use
>them).  Of course, since it was a port, he used what he used on the 85
>also...

The reason I didn't use any ROM calls on the 86 was - of course - because
it's a port from the 85. There was no need to change the link routines
at all - I didn't even consider it. However, I was aware of that
on the 85 there were link routines. They couldn't be used though, because
an error in the transmission would cause a general TI error and exit
the whole program.

Does the linkroutines in the 86 ROM work different? Can you hook them
somehow?

//Jimmy Mårdell

E-mail: yarin@acc.umu.se
Homepage: http://www.acc.umu.se/~yarin/