A86: Re: Re: Maskable Interrupts

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Re: Maskable Interrupts

not quite, kid.  what halt does is stop CPU operation until an interrupt
occurs, so if you had the interrupts enabled, the calc would turn back in
less than 1/200 of a second ... it waits for on key to be pressed instead to
be turned back on, since that is also an interrupt.
when it comes to having clock on the 86, i think, bluntly, that kirk is
wrong.  he's over looking the fact that you could use _alt_off to write your
own shut down routine that turns off the LCD and loops over a check of the
bit in that port (i forget which one :P) keeping the interrupts enabled.
also, if you had the conviction, you could write a routine to adjust the
clock for battery power.