Re: A86: Re: New operating system...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: New operating system...

>address, a table entry is needed. In average, each entry takes about
>one byte because the relative location of the address is stored (and
>the relative location is in 99% of the cases <256 bytes). A 1000 bytes
>program might spend about 50 bytes on the table, which I don't think
>is>much.

how does the os know where to patch?

i would think you would want a list of addresses of the places that
needed to be patched (2 bytes each) and you'd start the program with .org
0  all the os would have to do is find the table and add the starting
point to each address listed.  i think this is more or less how dos
handles it.  i would suggest placing the table at the beginning of the
program instead of the end, so it's a little easier to find.

-josh

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]