Re: A86: Almost There

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Almost There

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:18:23 -0500 warhorse <warhorse@bellatlantic.net>
writes:

>I have been reading the tutorials regarding the Custom menu, but this
>has got me stumped:
>#include "ti86asm.inc"
>
>.org _asm_exec_ram
>
>        ld hl,Slot1   ;First entry
>        ld de,$d1e3             ;_custmnames=space reserved for
>custom
>entries
>        ld ($d1c5),de           ;put pointer in first spot
>        ld bc,7         ;length of string AShell is only 6 bytes,
>should
>this be a 6?

actually, it should be 8, there's the length of the string, the zero at
the end, and the byte in front.

>        ldir                    ;copy the string to the reserved
>space
>

>        ld hl,Slot2        ;Second Entry
>        ld de,$d1e3

$d1e3 is filled with the other string already, use $d1e3+10 (whenever you
set something in the custom menu from the os, 10 bytes are copied)

>        ld ($d1c7),de        ;2 bytes per slot, 5+2=7
>        ld bc,4                ;I have 4 here because Asm is 3
>bytes+1=4

make that 5, i think

-josh

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]