Re: A86: Custom Menu

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Custom Menu

firstly, i recommend you read some basic assebly faqs, most of which are
probly at www.acz.org or somewhere on ticalc.

menus have two bytes to identify special properties and the number of
entries.  after this there are pointers (mostly...) to the menu entries
themselves.  these take two bytes each, the pointers for the custom menu
start at $d1c5
the menu entries have one byte identifying how they are handled,
sometimes followed by a few other bytes, followed by the string to put in
the menu.  for simple entries that just copy to the homescreen, the first
byte is a multiple $10 and the string immediatly follows it.
there's a chunk of space starting at $d1e3 reserved for entries to the
custom menu.

now, to load "AShell" into the first slot of the custom menu:

.org _asm_exec_ram

	ld hl,menu_text
	ld de,$d1e3		;_custmnames=space reserved for custom entries
	ld ($d1c5),de		;put pointer in first spot
	ld bc,7		;length of string
	ldir			;copy the string to the reserved space
	ret

menu_text:
	.db $00		;$00 doesn't add any spaces or ('s
	.db "AShell",0

-josh

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:30:21 -0500 warhorse <warhorse@bellatlantic.net>
writes:

>This is a follow up on the saving of variables and such in the custom
>menu. How do I load a string into the location?
>here's what I have thus far:

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]