A86: Weird LCD problem, need help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Weird LCD problem, need help

This isn't related directly to ASM programming, but I didn't know who else to
ask.  I put Bomberman Bloke on my 86, it ran fine (didn't crash).  It was fine
5th period, but an hour later there was a 2-pixel column on the right and a
4-pixel row on the top of the display that wasn't displaying correctly; it was
a lighter color than the rest of the display, and sometimes it displays other
things there that don't line up with the rest of the screen.  In Rascall it's
even worse, some rows of pixels are light in color and others aren't (about
30% of the rows are messed up).  I didn't drop the calculator, and the only
new game I installed was Bomberman, so I think Bomberman may be the problem.
I tried resetting my memory, taking out all 4 AAA batteries and the lithium
backup battery and the display is still messed up.  It's also messed up on the
homescreen, but not all the time; when I first turn it on it seems fine but
soon it starts to look weird.  Also if you look at the display in a good light
a lot of the columns/rows are light in color, when the contrast is dark.  Does
anyone know how I can fix this?