A86: Re: AOL Users or non.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: AOL Users or non.

Huh?  Not safe?  Nothing can happen to you in IRC since it's all anonymous.
In AOL, however, people can derive your email address by simply slapping a
@aol.com onto your nickname and boom!  now you have a crapload of junkmail.
Not only can you straight up NOT put your email address in IRC, but even if
you put your real email address (like me), I've never gotten junk email
before (or harrassment, blah, blah, blah).  Just hang out somewhere cool,
like #ti or #c or something and not #gaypigstroking and you'll be fine.

Or, you could mean 'safe' like nothing is regulated.  That would all depend
on your server, but having limited regulation is the best part of IRC!

-Justin Karneges [Infiniti]

> Have the AOL Users that subscribe to this ever want to talk to someone in
>room on AOL? I mean irc really isnt safe, if you know what i mean. I was
>thinking does anyone want to start a room on AOL? Maybe called "`TI8x`"?
Well