Re: A86:4 Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86:4 Questions

At 21:53 1999-02-02 -0600, you wrote:
>>2) for this question, i shall cut and paste some code from Sqrxz:
>>            XScr    = $C0F9
>>            XBlock    = $C0FC
>>            LevelSize    = $C0FD
>>    what do these things do?  i know they're equates and all that, but are
>>they kinda like the equivalent of variables?  Are $C0FC and those things
>just
>>spaces in the RAM, or are they ROM calls or what?
>
>Jimmy Mardell likes to confuse newbies by using the actual memory locations
>:)

Eh :-) This is, of course, a carry over from the 85 version of Sqrxz.
On the 85, I always used the addresses rather than the long, more
"clear" method with _textShadow + 2 etc etc becasue it was faster
to write... for me, I wasn't exactly hard to read.

On the 86, you shouldn't use the _textShadow for variable storage
at all. There is no need as you have the whole RAM page 1. Also,
scalar variables (and small arrays) should imho be stored inside
the program, at the end. imho, that's a nicer programming style :)

| | Jimmy Mårdell                  | | Unix regular expression:        | |
| | mailto:yarin@acc.umu.se        | |    (.*[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?)        | |
| | http://www.acc.umu.se/~yarin/  | | Windows regular expression:     | |
|_|                                |_|    "Damn.... it crashed again"  |_|