A86: 5MHz

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: 5MHz

Well, after performing a few tests. The TI-86 does not appear to run at
6Mhz. With totally new batteries, the CPU was clocked at about 4.8MHz. (With
older batteries it is more like 4MHz.) This was tested with a routine that
took 360,000,000 t-states. This means one of two things.

[A] TI is lying. I doubt this, since I don't think they make 5Mhz
processors. (maybe they do?) Also I doubt why TI would lie anyway.

[B] Something is eating up that much processor time (this is with interrupts
disabled by the way). Try the code for yourself, it's at the bottom...

Thanks to Brent, Jonah, and JBrett for helping with the tests =)

     Kirk

.org $d748

 di

 ld b,229