Re: A86: [OT] Chess algorithm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: [OT] Chess algorithm

So can anyone tell me where to get the information?  It may or may not be for
the 86, depends on the information that I can get.  but I really just want to
write one for my computer.

Glen
tutorial1.cjb.net

In a message dated 12/26/99 4:55:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, macbeth@psw.nu
writes:

<<
 RoniBarrett@aol.com wrote:
 > Frankly, i doubt the 86 has the horsepower for a good chess ai. Chess is a
 > complex game, and it takes a lot of memory, a lot of processing time, and a
 > lot of math for a computer to dicide on a move. I doubt it is possible to
 > make ai for anything more complex than checkers on the 86 that can offer a
 > chellenge for most players. Sorry, dont mean to discourage you, but your up
 > against more than you may realize.

 The Atari 2600 did it with 128 *bytes* of RAM, 4K of ROM,
 a ~1.3 Mhz 6507 - with the right programmer.  I'm pretty sure
 the 86 is more than capable :)
 --
 Robin Harbron     macbeth@psw.nu
  http://www.tbaytel.net/macbeth