RE: A86: Re: new emulator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: Re: new emulator

> But anyway, the TI85/6 ROM is a great test. When I wrote my
> emulator a while
> ago, I found that if any Z80 opcode was misimplemented, the ROM simply
> wouldn't work. (i.e., turn it on, push 2+2, etc).

oh yeah, I forgot to say, ZTetris seems to work fine (I think - it seems to
be responding to keypresses anyway... it's a bit difficult to tell when your
screen consists of umpteen lines of hex digits ^_^ - that was all I could
manage in text mode...).
However, the ROM (program) tries to write to the ROM (memory) during its
execution (right after a keypress), and since I protected the ROM (memory)
(made it read-only) under windoze, the emu crashes with an exception...
Should the ROM (program) be trying to write to the ROM (memory) during its
execution?

--
|    Liyang Hu aka DenseBoy   \ /   __pikachu ICQ # 39391385   \
|     http://www.nerv.cx/      |    <denseboy@41t4v!5t4.n3t>    |
|  In theory, there is no difference between theory and         |
|    practice.  In practice, there is.                          |
 \*/ /*  get my public key at http://www.nerv.cx/liyang.asc  */
    /*   decode the l33t-speak in my address to email me!   */

Follow-Ups: References: